This outline is a companion to a previous outline: Lord, Who Shall Abide in Thy Tabernacle - Psalm 15:1
The Prospect (Psalm 15:1)
The Prerequisite (Psalm 15:2-5)
The Promise (Psalm 15:5c)
Psalm 15:1 – “LORD, who shall abide in thy tabernacle? Who shall dwell in thy holy hill?” (As we noted in the
previous outline (see above), the point about which this question is being asked is a spiritual one concerning
the matter of abiding in spiritual fellowship with the Lord our God.
II. The Prerequisite
A. Walking with a godly lifestyle.
1. Psalm 15:2a – “He that walketh uprightly.”
2. Psalm 15:2b – “And worketh righteousness.”
3. Psalm 15:2c – “And speaketh the truth [of God’s Word] in his heart.”
B. Walking with a godly restraint.
1. Psalm 15:3a – “He that backbiteth not with his tongue.”
2. Psalm 15:3b – “Nor doeth evil to his neighbour”
3. Psalm 15:3c – “Nor taketh up a reproach against his neighbour.”
C. Walking with a godly discernment.
1. Psalm 15:4a – “In whose eyes a vile person is contemned.”
2. Psalm 15:4b – “But he honoureth them that fear the LORD.”
D. Walking with a godly faithfulness.
Psalm 15:4c – “He that sweareth to his own hurt, and changeth not.”
E. Walking with a godly kindness.
1. Psalm 15:5a – “He that putteth not out his money to usury.”
2. Psalm 15:5b – “Nor taketh reward against the innocent.”
III. The Promise
Psalm 15:c – “He that doeth these things shall never be moved.”