This outline is a companion to three previous outlines:
O Lord, Thou Hast Searched Me, and Known Me - Psalm 139
Such Knowledge Is Too Wonderful for Me - Psalm 139:1-6
Whither Shall I Flee from Thy Presence - Psalm 139:7-12
1. The Lord our God sovereignly possessed me from my conception.
Psalm 139:13 – “For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother’s womb.”
2. The Lord our God wonderfully created me for His glory.
Psalm 139:14 – “I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.”
3. The Lord our God completely knew my substance from my beginning.
Psalm 139:15-16a – “My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect.”
4. The Lord our God personally predetermined all of my personal characteristics.
Psalm 139:16b – “And in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.”
5. The Lord our God abundantly cares for me throughout my daily walk.
Psalm 139:17-18a – “How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! How great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand.”
6. The Lord our God continually remains present with me (as one of His own).
Psalm 139:18b – “When I awake, I am still with thee.”
Posted in Outlines in Psalms, Sovereignty of the Lord, The Creator God, Knowledge of the Lord, Lovingkindness of the Lord